When A Mom Go On Cliff Diving | Tangadan Falls | San Gabriel, La Union





Taaadaaa! This is my first ever cliff dive in my entire life. It is one of the things I wanna do when I was still single. But believe me, once you have a child you're already afraid of trying things because you over think. What if you jumped and never went back up on the water? What if you didn't jump properly and you got your head knocked off from a rock? What if you died? Who will take care of child? And more what ifs... 😂 These are just few of the bloody things that a mother thinks before doing an extreme sport like cliff diving.

I've been a full time mom for about two years now. Everything is just a breeze, watching your kid grow up, taking care of her needs, keeping her safe and all. I missed being  a wanderlust. So, when my friends invited me to go travel with them, I said "Yes!" right away even though my husband didn't agree. But he eventually did after a few fights and a lot of persuasion! 😁

One of our destination is the magnificent Tangadan Falls. It is located in the highlands of San Gabriel, La Union. This tourist attraction was  also featured in Biyahe ni Drew; a well known travel show in the Philippines. When I watched his show regarding this falls, I was so amazed of the view and wished that I could go there someday. I never thought that I will have a  chance to experience it. 

It's actually higher than it looks! 😱😱😱

There were two different ways to get to the falls: 1. Through a scenic 2-hour trek along rice fields,mountains and rivers. 2. Through a 30-minute walk along narrow, steep roads at the edge of the mountain. Of course, we chose the easier path. By the way, before going to the falls you have to first drop by the municipal hall and have yourselves registered in their Tourism office. Definitely, you have to pay for the environmental fees and a tour guide worth 500pesos for a group of 5.  We had a private car going to the jump off point. We bravely walked the road on the edge of the mountain. It's just 5 minutes since we started and yet we're so tired already! All I thought it would be easy but its really not. You'll have to pass through like a jungle in the middle of nowhere wherein you can only hear the sound of birds chirping and all your giggles because y'all wanna give up and hoped that you shouldn't have come. Especially if you saw the next road will be 90° steep up and then down again. Yeah, I'm not kidding! Y'all just wanna laugh your ass out and ask yourselves why are you making your life so hard. But you and your squad still managed to take hundreds of selfies along the way. Meanwhile, as we keep on going, I'm thinking about my daughter if she's behaving. Is she crying right now? Does she miss me like I miss her? Oh God, I wanna hug my daughter already! You know, #motherhood is taking me over. 


Suddenly, after walking like forever, we we're able to reach the remarkable Tangadan Falls. We rested for a moment and rented life vest for only 50pesos. Looking at the view, the falls is multi-layered with deep green waters. The first layer is seen on the first picture. This is where you can enjoy diving through the 10-feet high cliff. There we're loads of tourists on that day. It's a perfect day to cool down from the intense summer heat. Hence, there's a long queue on the cliff. I got so impatient because most of the people just seat there and wait before they have the guts to jump. When its my time, I looked into my friends as if my face is saying "just in case something happens, you take my child back home to Isabela" that kind of face. Then I hopped right away because I was so nervous yet excited. During mid-air, I felt like my heart stopped beating and I felt like my soul separated from my body. Then, while my eyes are shut, in my mind I can see my husband and daughter's face, wishing I could survive this insanity that I just did. Haha! After a few seconds, I dropped so deep into the water and I struggled to go up. I'm in panic; my body is so heavy. I tried to swim my way up because I can't breathe anymore. As I see the light of the sun glimmering from the dark waters that I came from, I quickly pushed hard to go up then finally... I was out of the water breathing heavily. 


What a nice back drop! 😍😍😍
I went out of the water then watched the video and I can't believe that all those experience happened in just 2 minutes! Really?! It feels like 20minutes of struggle. LOL! And so, I jumped again the second time.... Ciao!!! *author busy swimming*  🏊🏊🏊

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hickory Baby Back Ribs Recipe

Jamon de Bola con Piña Recipe

Turbo Baked Cheesy Tortiglioni Macaroni