Wow! We Just Spent 5 Minutes To Process Our Philippine Passport




Disclaimer: This post is solely based on my experience. Situations may vary depending on the day, time and location of the DFA office. For complete and accurate information please visit the Official DFA website.


We all want to have our government IDs and documents to be processed as fast as possible, right? We hate waiting on queues all day. Its exhausting and very uncomfortable to either stand up or sit down for a long period of time. So, I researched first what requirements do I need to apply a new passport for my 1-year old daughter and I also need to update my name and status. I did my checklist in order for me not to forget anything.


General Passport Requirements

These are the requirements that I submitted for me and my legitimate one year old daughter:

I. For First Time Applicant
  • Personal Appearance of minor applicant
  • Personal Appearance of either parent and valid passport of parent
  • Duly accomplished form
  • Original Birth Certificate issued by Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly known as NSO)
  • Marriage Certificate of minor's parents duly authenticated by Philippine Statistics Authority.

II. For Married Women (Note: Renewal only since I already have an existing passport)
  • Marriage Contract in Security Paper issued by Philippine Statistics Authority
  • Xerox copy of the first page of my existing passport
  • Personal Appearance
  • Duly accomplished form

                       Passport Fees

©www.dfa.gov.ph

Please note that the passport validity is still 5years. Sad. I wish it would be 10 years already so I won't see their office for a long time! 😝


Now that I already have all the necessary requirements, I immediately went to the nearest office in my place which is in DFA TUGUEGARAO.  Fortunately, since my daughter is only a year old, I was able to avail of the Courtesy Lane Facility. That means we don't need to schedule an appointment and we will also be prioritized on the application.

We arrived in DFA TUGUEGARAO at around 4PM and it's great because there's no big crowd that we will bump into. If you go in the morning, I'm sure it's going to be a riot! 😆


The guard greeted me and asked me to go directly to Window #1 which is VERIFICATION. After the officer checked all of the documents, she asked me to go straight to Window #3 which is the CASHIER .


Since we're not in a hurry to have our passport, I opt to do the normal processing for 950php only per applicant. (Please check the table above to see full details of the fees) After that, I was told to go on the first part of the line of the ENCODING area. In here, an officer will encode all of your personal information on the data base. But before finishing, they will ask you to confirm if everything they entered on the computer is correct. Make sure to verify the spelling and the important dates because once you said everything is good then, that's going to be final.  Next, they will take a picture of the applicant so please wear clothes with sleeves and remove all jewellery ( Yes, including my baby's earrings. So imagine how hard it is to put the earrings back! 😂😁) Since my daughter is just a year old, I will be the one to sign her passport. Don't forget to get your receipt because that's the only thing you need to claim your passport. That's the last step. No sweat! 

And oh, you also have the option to have the passport delivered through LBC with a fee. You will receive it 4-5 days from the time your passport was released.


HEADS UP! On the day of passport releasing, please be at the office on time because it's a first come first serve basis. 


Did you have the same experience? Please share with us any other tips to make our experience better next time. Thanks for reading! 





Comments


  1. DFA Isabela opens on May 16. Life is getting better under this present government...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hickory Baby Back Ribs Recipe

Jamon de Bola con Piña Recipe

Turbo Baked Cheesy Tortiglioni Macaroni